La Marina has organized a shark exhibition focusing on the Great White Shark in the corridors of the Shopping Centre, which will be open to the public from 3 September to 3 October, completely free of charge. The exhibition consists of a reproduction of the Great White Shark, six display cases with teeth, fossils and shark specimens and a large display case with the jaws of the great Megalodon. Explanatory panels will accompany all this with photographs of real live sharks, explanations about them and their great importance in the marine ecosystem and other topics of interest to learn more about this incredible animal.
This performance is an excellent point of interest for children and adults who want to learn more about "The King of the Sea". It is the perfect opportunity to see this fearsome creature up close, as it has never been seen before and to learn as much as possible about them.
Contents of the exhibition:
The Shark Exhibition is made up of 20 beautiful elements specially designed to allow visitors to take a walk amongst the fabulous world of Sharks:
- 7 display cases containing real stuffed sharks (such as the mako, hammerhead shark, reef shark, etc.), authentic jaws of the most characteristic species brought from all over the world (such as the tiger shark, or the bull shark, or "la Negra", a shark that swims at more than 800 m. etc.), from the strangest and most endangered to those that are closest and most familiar to us, teeth of the great white shark, neonate sharks, shark markers, authentic fossil sharks, etc.
- 1 display with a reproduction of a 4-metre-long Great White Shark, the fiercest shark that roams our oceans.
- 1 display with the jaw of the largest shark ever existed, Carcharodon megalodon, a monster almost 15 m. long, with a jaw measuring 1.80 m. high by 1.80 m. wide. The largest marine predator of all time.
- 9 lecterns with their corresponding posters. They present the related display case's most exciting and educational aspects in a simple and accessible way. They have been specifically designed to understand the exhibition better, as an explanatory text accompanies each display case with original drawings that illustrate what we are looking at. They range from the shark's biology (what it is like inside) to the most ferocious attacks that have ever occurred, through the life of the great white shark, to the giant whale sharks, the Carcharodon megalodon, etc.
- 2 illuminated panels. These are two spectacular murals with incredible photos of live sharks and where topics of great interest are developed to get to know these incredible creatures better, such as "Diving with sharks", where expert advice is given on how to do this activity safely, to "Diving with sharks", and "Diving with sharks", where expert advice is given on how to do this activity safely, to "Diving with sharks".
The "Save the sharks", which explains the unbridled hunting that is carried out in some countries to eat their fins in soup or to alleviate rheumatism with shark cartilage powder.
Contents of the Showcases and Panels
The exhibition is divided into ten main sections:
- Shark biology
- Diving with sharks
- Shark Attacks
- Shark utilities
- Sharks of our coasts
- The Great White
- Gentle giants
- These are sharks too
- Fossil sharks
- Save the sharks
During the month of the exhibition, you will visit the showcases on the Ground Floor next to Don Dino and C&A and the First Floor next to H&M. Access is suitable for all ages and free of charge as it is located in the corridors of La Marina Shopping Centre.
La Marina is the leading Shopping and Leisure complex in the region of Marina Baixa. Located in the affluent town of Finestrat, La Marina is frequently visited by both local residents of Finestrat, Benidorm and surrounding towns, but also remains popular with tourists from Spain, England, Germany, France and Russia. The Centre benefits from over one hundred retailers. These include headline brands such as Zara, C&A, Benetton and Ikea. Besides shopping, La Marina also boasts strong restaurant and leisure facilities, many located on their rooftop terrace which offers outdoor seating, children’s activities and great views of the town.
Mr. Didier Closset
W. Why Media